home flickr
Your Ad Here

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Of new beginnings...

My last day of Tech Support 2moro... As of Monday I join the development team (known as 'Business Solutions') at my current employer. I've been a tech support monkey for the last 5 years, so while I do feel I've 'earned my stripes', I of course do have all the butterflies and concerns regarding starting a new job... Though of course it's going to take time to ease into the new role, and a completely different headspace. I'm going to go into work on Sunday and move my stuff over, particularly my fishtank, which, as you can imagine is not really a job that ought to be attempted during ordinary work hours.


Capt'n Miguel...

Saturday night a bunch of us are going out to China Ria to celebrate Micks (that's him above..) 29th birthday... We went there August last year for my surprise 31st, and it was amazing, this time I'll make sure to take lots of photos. Vlad at my current onsite spot told me today that one of the chefs there wrote a great cookbook called 'hot food and cool jazz' that came with a cd of groovey music.

Dinner tonight is fish-fingers with brown rice, some veggies and a couple of runny eggs. Lunch 2moro (made at the same time), is thai red curry tuna and rice. Such is the lifestyle of one who has got himself into debt. I'm paying off my car and credit card and also saving some too to a managed fund I started in November, life is pretty minimal on thrills, but it is going to be soOo good to make that final mayment (I reckon it's going to take me at least another 9 months).

Today was quite sunny and humid, then the thunder clouds came, now it's hailing chunks about 1cm in diameter.


DSC05130

I watched an episode of Jake 2.0 tonight that I managed to scrounge before many of the bit-torrent sites went offline. Good show. Really enjoyed it.
...After talking about my new-found fiscal high-ground I have to say that I can't wait for my new Lava lamp that I bought on Ebay to arrive. Ok, so maybe TWO lava lamps (still waiting for an action to finish)

Hehehe....

No comments:

Odd Search