home flickr
Your Ad Here

Monday, January 17, 2005





Dinner last night : Chicken, mushroom and cheese toasted sandwhich.

Nothing too 'cordon bleu', but soOoOo delish. I couldn't believe that I went to the supermarket at Carlinford Court and they didn't have any broccoli! Now just what is the world coming too? I loOove the broc... and I know there are some people out there who would like to kill all the broccoli and I want to say to you: "I'm watching... I know you're there, and this means war."

I'll keep you posted on the latest, non top secret developments as they come to hand.

While I'm on a culinary flavoured rant, I find myself wondering just what is up with some of the restaurant service in this city. Near Lisa's place near Blues Point Road in North Sydney there are quite a few classy, well established restaurants, and being located in a reasonable la-de-da part of town you'd expect some of the best service this great city of ours has to offer, but NoOoOoOo! We regularly do the rounds of the restaurants there, and while there are a few good, noble exceptions, there are a few dragging the rest down. You know who you are.
These places are very well presented, flawless even, their food is absolutely delicious. But someone please enlighten me why my entree arrives after my main (which arrived 10 minutes after my girlfriends) and had to be requested twice? Another establishment, located about 100 metres away, made us (and, from the comments I gathered from nearby tables) others wait over forty minutes for our meals, no bread, no apologies, and certainly no explanation. Is it to convey the ultimate extravagance that goes into our meals? I don't think so. I mean these places obviously do well, they're often packed, have great food (as I mentioned before), but why do they regularly and commonly fall down on such a simple thing as service and delivering the meal in a reasonable manner?


Dinner tonight? well, who knows....

No comments:

Odd Search