home flickr
Your Ad Here

Monday, January 03, 2005

Happy New Year! ...Welcome to 2005.


The 9:30pm fireworks from McMahons point...Sydney

How did you spend it? I went to Lisa's place and we all sat in the park next to her house and drank wine and ate cheese, crackers and dip and cooked up some rissoles (beef with plum sauce, no less!) and then wandered down to the point just before midnight and watched the fireworks. I managed to get some great photos, they're going up on my flickr site as I write this. I've been studying up on my .net stuff for a couple of hours yesterday, more to go today. I've got a set of keystone CD's that contain presentations that will hopefully be bringing me up to speed more quickly than just studying out of a book. I'm really excited about this new job, a bit nervous as my skills are a bit below par atm, having not really required them outside of the odd small project that I've been putting together in my own time, and that has been more web-development and python, not .net at all. So here we go.... I've got rego for my car due by the 9th Jan, which is an absolute pain in the ass just after xmas, but there's not much I can do about that as far as I can see. Other than grin and bare it, that it.

...Just eating a late breakfast at the now... Lisa's got me hooked on rolled oats with fruit juice, topped with about 4 spoons of yoghurt. Delish!

Currently listening to Future Sound of London, it's a quite warm 27 deg C outside, the sun is a-shining and I don't go back to work until Wednesday.

oh...and here's my new years present to y'all: a blog devoted to cool t-shirts :

http://preshrunk.info/

..and
http://www.joshrubin.com/coolhunting/


Also, received a great phone call, my friend Kristin has arrived back in Australia from Sweden. Welcome back Kris, soOo glad to have you home.


..Later, stay funky, keep fighting the good fight and all that jazz, remember that normality is a goal for underachievers.

No comments:

Odd Search