home flickr
Your Ad Here

Saturday, November 04, 2006

- one month in Malaysia today -

Listening to: 'Neon Golden' by the Notwist


Thanks to Julee for dropping by with kind wishes on my post about deciding to stay in Malaysia for a year. Return the favour and visit her blog here.

Aah Saturday... gotta love it. This morning i got up around 8:30 and spent the next couple of hours quietly drinking coffee, surfing the web, and watching recently downloaded episodes of 'Lost'.
I'm really poor until Wednesday, so used to Sydney budgeting, I'm thrown out of whack here.
So, in true geek form, I fired up the google spreadsheets, and now I have a basic budget with everything in both AU$ and MYR.

...Such is the exciting life of living in another country.

I called my good friend Kele last night, he gets married 2moro back in Australia. All the very best to you buddy.

I also called my sister and talked to her for the first time since coming over here. It makes it so much easier to be able to just grab your phone and call back home.

Hi Gill if you're reading this.

Had lunch with a friend at Times Square, went to the gym when i came home, ate some bananas (much cheaper than sydney), and didn't smoke any cigarettes for a change.
Cigarettes are so cheap here, 7.40 MYR, about $2.70 AU$ per pack. In Sydney I'm used to paying about $12 AU$ a pack and the cigarettes here are a bit stronger, so there's that real chance that when I go back home I'll get stuck in a really expensive nicotine spiral.
SO better to proactively try to keep it in check really.

Not really that much else to report... 2moro the plan is to go to the Butterfly Park, I know I've been saying that for a few weeks now though. I will go for a swim, and I will have fun and say hello to strangers.

All the best.

1 comment:

Julee said...

I think blogger ate my comment? :(

Ah, no problem about that. It's just so rare for someone to suddenly decide to stay in Malaysia for a year! Hope you'll have a blast. Heehee..

hows butterfly park? Should go to Kuala Selangor for fireflies (if they still have them) :)

And i think our ciggies are overpriced! O_o

Odd Search