home flickr
Your Ad Here

Thursday, December 20, 2007



Xmas in Phuket

Hi everyone, hope this post finds you, and finds you well. Today is the Islamic festival of 'Id al Adha' (Feast of the Sacrifice) and therefore a public holiday here in Malaysia.

It's midday, I've just finished my poached eggs on toast for breakfast and I'm figuring soon I'm going to go for a swim. Aaah, it's a tough life. Have been doing a bit of research & planning, because this Saturday my girlfriend and I fly up to Phuket for 4 nights over Xmas.

We've only just finalised everything as we were waiting to see if she could secure holidays... and whoah, do those resorts ramp up their prices over the end of year! In some cases they're charging more than triple their usual rate. Ouch.

Next time I'm going to book everything a whole lot earlier.
Oh well, just grin and bare it, it's going to be a lovely time anyway. I'll give a full report when we return.



In other news, I've received my xmas present early from my girl: a nice little canon ixus 75 digital camera (above).

I already have a panasonic lumix fz-50, which is a terrific camera, but the problem is that you can't just put it in your pocket 'just-in-case' something interesting happens... nup, it's the camera you take somewhere when you know you're going to be taking lots of photos, and you have a bag.

This little one, is for the other stuff.
I also treated myself this xmas to a new watch: it's a beautiful victorinox automatic.


Not much else happening really.. work is going well, but busy. We've just finished decorating the place for xmas, and it's looking fine.



Anyway, that's about it from this part of the world.

Best wishes to everyone for a merry and safe xmas and happy new year.



No comments:

Odd Search