home flickr
Your Ad Here

Sunday, December 30, 2007


Today my girlfriend and I went to see 'National Treasure : book of secrets' at GSC Times Square. I have to say, for a bit of brain candy, it wasn't half bad. Certainly I've seen worse films, and many of them. And I'm sure I'll see many more too.

Talking of 'worsts', I'd like to award Kenny Rogers Roasters, Times Square for serving me what has been the worst chicken Caesar salad I have ever had.

It was a Caesar salad made by someone who truly hates Caesar salads : if you're thinking that it's missing a little something, there's a good chance that the little something it is missing is not lots and lots of extra mayonaise.


Here's a recipe for Chicken Caesar Salad from allRecipes.com:


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into wide strips
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Lemon & Pepper Seasoning Salt
  • 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
  • 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS


1] Toss chicken with lemon & pepper seasoning and garlic powder.

2] Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add seasoned chicken to skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside. Do not drain off oil.

3] Place vinegar, mustard and Worcestershire in small bowl and beat with fork to combine. Stir into reserved chicken.

4] Place lettuce in large salad bowl. Add chicken, croutons, and cheese. Toss gently and sprinkle with additional grated cheese, if desired.

No comments:

Odd Search