home flickr
Your Ad Here

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Strange Behaviour

Students behaved strangely


SHAH ALAM: "Where’s my child? Who are you? Let me go, I want to go back!"

These were among the chilling words uttered by students hit by mass hysteria at SMK Seksyen 11 here on Tuesday.

Some of the students were said to have behaved in an eerie manner before they screamed and fainted.

K. Mohd Firdaus Mohd Shahid, 16, said several minutes before the incident, some of the students had become quiet, looked angry and stared coldly at other students.

"Suddenly, they started screaming and shouted those words. There were also other words which I could not understand."

He said the situation became worse when more students became hysterical.

"It kind of spread from one person to another," he said at his home yesterday.

The incident happened just before the school assembly.

Firdaus’s sister Nurzuriati, 15, was one of those affected by the hysteria.

She said she did not recall much as it had happened very fast.

"I only remember that some of my friends were behaving weirdly. I did not pay attention to them at first, but then they started screaming.

"Teachers were overwhelmed trying to control the situation and students helped to bring some of those who had fainted to the office.

"I don’t remember anything after that as I, too, fainted. When I woke up, I was in the office with the other students."

Their mother, Bariah Abdul Majid, said she knew about last Friday’s hysteria attack and claimed that the school did not take action to prevent a recurrence.
She claimed that more than 100 boys and girls at the school became hysterical.



Students behaved strangely

No comments:

Odd Search