home flickr
Your Ad Here

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park
Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park

P1020583

Well it only took 6 attempts, but my girlfriend and I finally got our acts together enough to go to the Butterfly Park.

P1020566

Located near the Lake Gardens, the Butterfly Park is home to about 6000 butterflies from approx 12o different species. Don't ask me how many butterflies I think I saw, but I don't know, 6000 seems a bit high. it had been raining though, perhaps that's it. I certainly wouldn't want the job of the person who has to count them.

P1020596

Anyway, besides the point... this place is a really sweet relaxing way to spend an hour or two. Besides the butterflies, there are many koi, turtles, gecko's, frogs, and various bugs and beetles to check out too. There's a lot of blurb on the net mentioning that it's free admission, it's not... entry cost us 15RM each.

P1020576

The gift store attached to the park is actually quite interesting, with a wide range of framed specimens, bookmarks with butterflies sealed in them, paper weights with various bugs and beetles embedded inside.


P1020552


Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park
Jalan Cenderawasih
Kuala Lumpur 50480
Malaysia
+60 3 2693 4799
Open Hours 9a-6p Mon-Sun
Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park

No comments:

Odd Search