home flickr
Your Ad Here

Sunday, December 10, 2006


...Of Sneezes & Shopping


new ring purchased from Sungei Wang
new ring bought from Sungei Wang plaza


Fluey.
Only spent about a half day at work yesterday as I have a cold. Erk. Did some work from home Friday morning, but had to go in to do a couple of things that I couldn't get to from my apartment. Minor disaster with one of our customers tools that was my responsibility, so had to take that on the chin.

A pretty quiet Friday really, went to the sauna before going to work, trying to sweat out my fever. I think it worked a bit. The air-conditioning at work did its best to undo any good work though.

I Woke up around 8am this morning, feeling a bit better, went for what has become my typical Saturday morning ritual, swim and sauna again.
My swimming is really improving, I swam 26 laps this morning. It's a 25m pool btw. Ok, I'm not a very strong swimmer and that's why I'm practicing, ok? Ok. ;)

Improving my swimming is one of several things I have on my shortlist that I want to concentrate on improving while I'm here in KL. You just don't get the opportunity back home to swim daily like you do here. Not that people don't have pools, many people have pools. Just that I don't have a pool. ;)

Afterwards I went for what is becoming at times the second part of my Saturday ritual, and that's buying pirated dvd's from one of the local shopping centres.

Had a nice, although very late lunch. I couldn't avoid it, I just had a craving for duck. Bought the above ring from Sungei Wang too, it's made from stainless steel, which seems to be a common medium for men's jewellery here. I guess you'd call that a traditional Chinese design eh? Whatever it is, I happen to think that it's pretty darn cool.

This evening has basically involved taking it easy indoors, drinkings lots of green tea and waiting for the storm in my nostrils and head to subside. Either it gets worse with the cooler evening (what cooler evening?) or I've overexerted myself today, but i'm feeling the worse that I have all day. Studying Cantonese is a delightful uphill battle that I appear to have started on... Also decided to really throw myself at the Dojo toolkit and see what it has to offer.

Dinner was the excellent chicken caesar salad from room service within my hotel. Can't get enough of it, it really is excellent.

While I was roaming around in a brief moment of clear-headedness this afternoon I took a few photos of some of the great architecture in this area. Check it out:


P1000961

P1000965


P1000963P1000964


P1000962

No comments:

Odd Search