home flickr
Your Ad Here

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My god, what have I done?

Today I called my boss and requested to stay in Malaysia for a year. Despite the overly emotional cry of the title of this post, I feel reasonably comfortable about this decision, much good can come from it.

My boss, quite to my surprise, was extremely open to this idea (hopefully not a reflection of my performance back in Sydney) and the conversation was about a tenth the length I had expected it to be.

I feel I have a lot to learn from the team here, and hopefully they also feel the same way towards me. I haven't told my family yet. I guess that is 2moro's pet project. =)

I do feel quite nervous about the prospect, but I know that if I had taken the easy path and gone back to Sydney in a few months, I would be confortably sitting in the same bedroom I left, always wondering "what if".

This way, I get to find out, and while it will definitely have its challenges, and unique concerns, the benefits available will far, far outweigh any negatives.

...Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Julee said...

Hope you'll enjoy your stay here in Malaysia! Good luck :D

Odd Search