home flickr
Your Ad Here

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Howdy pilgrims.

One week ago today I arrived in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia again. This time, it's not for a couple of weeks, it's for a couple of months. I didn't blog about this earlier as I wanted it to be a surprise for the team here in KL, which i'm pretty sure it was.

One thing that was a surprise for me was the smoke that had engulfed the city in the time i was back in Australia. It's been blowing across from Indonesias controlled land clearing and turned a view that normally looks like this:

DSC05936


into this:
Todays weather in Kuala Lumpur...


Even worse is that it is a yearly occurence.

It's a great city, with much to offer. I'm really enjoying my time here. All your senses are heightened by a new country, and malaysia is quite the country of contrasts.

Life is good. Friday my new notebook computer arrived, a Dell Latitude D620. I was going a bit spare without some form of entertainment besides Malaysian television when i come home.

here is my new toy:

P1000516

Centrino duo 2gHz
2GB ram
120 GB Hdd
dvd +/- 8x burner
Wifi and Bluetooth


Today I went up to BB Plaza (which I got completely lost in) and bought an laser mouse, a webcam and microphone and a new pair of sandals (my previous pair lasted almost 3 years). I have quite the setup in my apartment now ;). I got mildly drenched on the way up Bukit Bintang, the rain here is watching your every move.

One thing to be prepared for over here is that not all toilets have toilet paper. The have a hose, and I have to say overall the experience was quite traumatic. Quite traumatic. Coupled with the fact that there is a fair to middling chance that you've just paid 1 Ringgit for the experience, lesser folks would be brought to tears. ;)

So anyway where was I? I have no idea.
We're apparently heading into the wet season, it may be my imagination, but i think perhaps it is a degree or 3 cooler than it was the last time i was here. Maybe I'm simply getting used to the heat and humidity? Who knows.

Anyways, that's about all that I have to report.
till next time, be well.

1 comment:

Dataceptionist said...

Zoggy I only just got you back and now you're gone again....: (
I laughed so hard about the lack of TP and it's replacement. ROTF

Odd Search