home flickr
Your Ad Here

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

creature within
"the creature within..." v.2

Today, I didn't go to work. It was everything I had hoped it could be. I painted, I listened to jazz (currently discovering John Coltrane), I bought grainy, grainy bread. I lifted weights (and put them back down again).

I also received the confirmation email advising me that my passport has been created. I expected it to take weeks longer than this, apparently it should be sent out to be in the next 4 or 5 working days. Yay! Looks like I'll be off to Kuala Lumpur sometime in the next month. How exciting. I'd better start planning. I'm going to take an extra few days off so I can explore the place a bit too... I'm sure I'll find a few things to keep me occupied. Anyone got any good suggestions?


Really glad to get the opportunity to sit down and work on some painting... It's one of those things that I find quite difficult to start, but once I do, I can happily do it for hours. So what do you think? I'm really happy with the way this one is progressing, for the last few months it's looked like this:


DSC05914
"The creature within..." v.1

... and while not yet complete, I'm happy with the direction it's going. I was hoping to try to capture the idea of wallpaper behind the creature... somehow i find it more disturbing to include the idea of a sort of domestic setting. Imagine waking up in the morning and finding this guy in your house... ;)

I've started a new project too... a blog entry that is my entire dvd collection with links to the imdb page for each movie. Yeh yeh, geeky I know. Geeky is as geeky does.


Speaking of geeky, i wonder how long it will be before I get my turn to have my blogspot updated? I'm really looking forward to being able to tag my posts. Yup, I'm a tagger alright. Thoroughly web 2.0 buzzword compliant.


Moving right along... So yes, can't wait to get over to Malaysia. Like I think I said before.. It will stay quite surreal until the passport arrives. Then the denial shall end.


It's also my birthday in a couple of days, my friend Michael has been kind enough to organise a group of us to go out to dinner at an Indian restaurant in the city and then head to the Underground bar for some beer, pool and good convo over dodgy jukebox hits. Sounds great!

An ideal birthday present for me may well be this faux bacon wallet :




like the site says: "You thought people looked at you weird before?"



1 comment:

Dataceptionist said...

Hey! When's your bday!!!???
Bacon wallet,, yummy money.....

artwork is cool, it's kind of like he's saying, hmm I'm green, and swooshly, lets eat peas (at least thats what he says to me and I swear is the only reason I'm eating peas)

Odd Search