home flickr
Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

.. And even more movies!


'Wanted'.. forgettable title, unforgettable movie!


well.. ok.. maybe 'unforgettable' may be a bit over the top, but 'Wanted' is what action movies should be. It's a no-holds barred, rollercoaster of a flick, completely, utterly unbelievable, but thoroughly enjoyable just the same.
I'm not usually a fan of action movies (I still watch them though) because they're often big dumb affairs that attempt to wow over the viewers with more and bigger explosions rather than even attempting to have a storyline. This is a bit different, and while not perfect, it leaves most other action flicks in the dust.
I read another review somewhere that captures the idea nicely: it's like the movie studio actually trusted the director to do his job, and no-one put their hand on his shoulder at any point to say 'maybe we should leave that bit out, it seems a bit distastful'.

Go see it, let me know what you think, I think you'll be surprised :)

'Wanted' gets 8/10 from me.

here's the trailer:



No comments:

Odd Search