home flickr
Your Ad Here

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hi there!
Yesterday I sold the painting that appeared in my previous post. This is the first time I've sold one, I'm on cloud nine. I came home today and started work on another one... hehe, i'm really enjoying painting, and I *think* I'm getting the hang of it. It's too dark to be sculpting tiki heads in my backyard (another hobby of mine), so at least until the end of winter, I'd better enjoy it.

Here's what I've done of my next work, a special sneak preview. Keep in mind that this is only after an hour or so's work, and there's plenty left to go.

first the initial sketch (trying to figure out what the hell i'm doing...)



...Then with a coat of paint... trying to get some colours that look ok together.


At the moment I'm trying to find shapes that are familiar but at the same time unfamiliar, and arrange them in a way that's pleasant to the eye. That's my whole artistic philosophy at the moment. One whole sentence worth.

I haven't had a cigarette in 2 days. It hurts, but in a good way.

We had a great bbq last Saturday night. Did i mentions that before? I don't think so.
Well we did.


Here's Alex cooking up a storm. I'm glad I have a camera phone or I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have any memories of this night at all...

I also got 3 new threadless t-shirts in the recent sale. Here are the designs:






...Any ways, must dasherooni, I much too important and busy to talk to the likes of you.

...Later.

1 comment:

Dataceptionist said...

Hahahaha, Oh Zogg, Zogg, Zogg (do you remember Zoggs goggles for kids?-Swimming carnival memories)
I noticed you don't appear to be wearing a new shirt today? Am i mistaken.....?

Odd Search