home flickr
Your Ad Here

Saturday, February 19, 2005

No smoking

Today is the 7th day without a cigarette. Yes, on the wagon again. Feeling good about it actually. The first couple of days are the hardest. Tonight we're going to Rob's cocktail party in Annandale, which will be tricky but my strategy will be to drink lots of fresh tasting cocktails, lots of Fruit juice. I've got gum as well, and, while I think it will be a challenge, I don't think it's going to be impossible. I'm certainly not going to resign myself to smoking tonight. Good news also is that Lisa is giving up too, that'll make it so much easier.

It's very humid in Sydney this afternoon, I'm sitting here sweating profusely. It's really hot outside and it's been forecast to thunderstorm (which is relatively common in Sydney this time of year) later this evening. Lisa is driving her friend Vu (and Oskar, Vu's dog) to Bathurst (Vu is moving there for Uni), I hope they get there before any storms hit.

I've been doing a little gardening, but mostly today I've been painting my new 'mesterpieice'... This one is a strange one... a blue, hollow eyed, antlered, multi-armed being, with a dog head for one hand... and it's coming along nicely.
Note to self... buy some better canvas art board.

I've been slowly teaching myself asp.net this week, only very early on, but enjoying it so far. Certainly a far cry from ASP 3.0.

No comments:

Odd Search