home flickr
Your Ad Here

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Spring is coming.. can you feel it?


What a nice sunny weekend. In a strange twist we actually managed to get out in it a bit.

Friday night we went out for dinner at Billus, an Indian restaurant in Epping to celebrate one of my wife's colleagues birthdays.



Saturday we caught the train into the city and had a poke around Market city and also Glebe Market. Glebe markets was excellent as usual, this was the first time that I've been there since returning from overseas. It was my wifes first Glebe market experience, and I'm happy to report she thoroughly enjoyed herself.

It must have been good, because I've stupidly completely forgotten to take any photos of it for this blog entry. Guess we're going back again soon...

In the meantime, here's a photo of a busker outside Market city playing drums and tunes on beer bottles.

We had lunch at Xiclo, one of my favourite Vietnamese noodle bars in the city.
I'd heard of spring rolls before, but I admit I didn't realise that there were also winter, summer & autumn rolls too. Makes sense after the fact, was a complete surprise at the time though.



Today we tended out balcony garden and bought a vacuum cleaner.. woohoo!
It seriously was about time, we were starting to lose sight of the carpet in places.

Presenting the Sanyo Sc136r - 'Dirt Hunter'
It's not hunting much dirt yet on it's own.. for some reason I have to push it everywhere..





Not much else new to report. Still pretty damn cold at night. Work has been pretty challenging, but I'd much rather that than be bored.

No comments:

Odd Search