home flickr
Your Ad Here

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Signing the new lease and buying stuff..

Thursday was a very busy day. I took the day off work to do lots of new house stuff. I signed the lease and got the keys for our new place in West Ryde, Sydney and then ran around buying stuff to put in it. I had no furniture at all after returning from Malaysia, so something needed to be done.

I actually wasn't thinking too straight that early in the morning, so caught the bus to the suburb the unit is in (West Ryde), rather than the suburb the real estate is in (Eastwood), so I had to catch the train again between the two, no matter it's only 2 stations. Whoops.

After that I caught the train again into the city and then back out to Newtown where I bought a nice futon bed and ate a beef and mushroom pie for lunch before catching the train again to Strathfield then changed to go to Clyde, near where 2nd's World is.

After walking for over a km in in the wrong direction, I sought directions, walked all the way back, and actually found the place. Glad I found it, these guys have heaps of electrical goods with small defects or damaged boxes etc, all with full manufacturers warranty.

I bought a nice big fridge, a 37 inch samsung lcd tv, and a washing machine. The naked DSL internet connection with VOIP gets connected on the 24th and the wifey arrives a few days before that.

So everything is pretty much in place. I think all I need to buy yet are a table and chairs, a couch and a heater.

No comments:

Odd Search