home flickr
Your Ad Here

Sunday, March 22, 2009

first week back in Sydney

img_2121.jpg

Well, it's been a week since I've moved back to Sydney from Malaysia, so I guess that would mean it's certainly time for a post.

What have I been up to? Well, I worked from Tuesday to Friday at our office on Sussex street in the city, having taken Monday off as a recharge day. So far the people in the office seem great, and I'm really enjoying working with them. On Friday night we adjourned to the nearby Slip Inn for a chat and a couple of beers.

I'm staying with a friend in Gladesville, so after beers I successfully managed to miss my bus stop on the way home and took about an hour to walk home. Note to self: try to take more attention next time.

img_2118.jpg

This weekend I've done absolutely nothing, and it's been everything I could hope it would be :). I figure I've got to save about $6500 in order to be able to move into my own place. That's for rent, bond, fridge, bed, desk, chair & washing machine.

... So that's going to keep me busy doing nothing for a while, dutifully packing my lunch for work every night :).

But all things considered, life is fine. The weather here in Sydney has been amazing & I'm hoping my lovely girl will be able to join me soon.

img_2128.jpg

I've successfully negotiated the supermarket, and the public transport into the city, I think I've got the washing machine sorted out, (it's on in the laundry as I type this and it's sounding like it's trying to launch into orbit. Hope it doesn't wake my housemate).


img_2105.jpg

Anyway, that's about all from me.
More soon.

No comments:

Odd Search