home flickr
Your Ad Here

Saturday, May 03, 2008


Iron Man Rocks!

I was expecting a lot from this movie, it's been my must-see movie since I first saw the trailer but I had started to prepare myself for disappointment.

I began saying things like
'the first movie in a super-hero franchise is always a bit slow as they have so much backstory to cover', because I was worried that I was expecting more than one movie could deliver.

I went to see Iron Man on Thursday night, and I tells ya, all my worry was unnecessary, because this movie is great.

Now I'm a bit of a tech-geek as I'm sure you've probably already gathered by now, so for me, the workshop scenes with Tony Stark testing and refining the different versions of the suit were a very worthwhile addition. Maybe not so much for everyone, but I liked it. Felt that it added depth to the storyline. I really don't like those whizz-bang movie scripts that gloss over everything and don't give the geeks in the audience a bit of substance to chew on ;).

Here, we get to see some of the nuts & bolts (obviously literally in this case), we get to see things fail, which for me adds realism (as much as can be expected in a super-hero movie), as you see that it's a suit that he actually builds and needs to test, not just something that he puts on that works perfectly first time.

The workshop is also the main location of the other surprise of this film.
It's funny. From the bickering between Tony Stark and Jarvis, his AI 'butler', to the visual gags of the initial suit testing, Robert Downey Jr, as usual, presents himself as an actor with a fantastic sense of comedic timing.

Jeff Bridges does a good job as the sleazy, overbearing, double-crossing business partner, and Gwyneth Paltrow does nicely as Pepper Potts, Tony's secretary, though the role doesn't really leave her much room to shine.

Iron man is the best super-hero movie I have seen, is showing now, so go see it if you think there is even the slightest chance you'll like it.


I'll rate Iron Man 9/10

oh.. And stay after the credits ;)






No comments:

Odd Search