home flickr
Your Ad Here

Monday, March 10, 2008


My weekend : bike riding & 10,000 b.c.

At the crack of noon Saturday my girlfriend and I went bike riding at taman pertanian, Sham Alam, which is apparently an agricultural park, (whatever that means).



We had a great time riding around, sweating profusely and exploring some of the strange attractions.


For example, the four-seasons house (which apparently is perpetually stuck on Spring for financial reasons, and is brilliantly, startlingly freezing cold inside, .. especially when you're soaked with sweat from riding outside for an hour in 35 degrees C)
.. and the rabbit garden, which is more of a rabbit battery caged jail in hell.


.. Poor rabbits.

I did however also manage to finally get a photo of a Malaysian squirrel, which I am very proud of considering how fast the little blighters move. Observe.


After a well earned shower and a powernap we trekked off to Times Square again for our weekly movie, this time the Roland Emmerich blockbuster 10,000 B.C.



I wasn't expecting a great deal of cohesion or brains in the plot, and it delivered on my expectations.

I felt a little more cro-magnon after watching it, but as big and dumb and mixed-up as it was, it was visually spectacular, which was exactly what I wanted.

No comments:

Odd Search