home flickr
Your Ad Here

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Week in review
~ The week that was this week.

So here I am, Saturday lunchtime, slightly hungover for the second time this week.

Upon walking into work on Monday I see not only our new business manager, Jeff has been delivered, unwrapped, plugged in & switched on, but also our general manager, Rick has made a surprise visit from Sydney as well. There goes all my plans for the next 5 days.

Monday lunchtime, my girlfriend and I went out to our current favourite workday lunch locale, 'Best Bites' cafe (really good, try it), only stopping on the way to watch a little road rage incident. From a gewi-lo perspective, the behaviour of some people on the road here is bizarre.

This guy stopped for 10 seconds to pick up his girlfriend, and the guy behind him immediately starts blasting him on the air-horn. The guy in the first car (we'll call him bf), immediately goes into a hulk rage and gives the honker a verbal, to which the honker responds with the oh-so-subtle middle finger salute.

The bf has had enough, he's only stopped for ten seconds and hasn't really deserved this, so he's out of his car, trying to get into the honkers car, pounding on his windscreen, to which the idiot honker responds by taking photos of the bf.


Holy crap people. Do I have to draw you a picture?

How can such a mild polite people like the Malaysians turn into such a bunch of inconsiderate raging idiots when they're in their wheels? The honkers could have politely waited for ten whole seconds and been on his way again.

If you're going to loudly honk at someone for making you wait ten seconds, and then follow up the with finger, why be such a wimp and sit in your car taking photos of the person who you have just so deliberately annoyed?


.. I shake my head.

.. and move on.
Anyway, today is Cloverfield day, a couple of days later than I had hoped, but that's ok.

Many meetings have been had, my longest being almost 4 hours, a personal record for me I think. Sounds like just the right time to round things off with a good old monster movie.

.. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Odd Search