home flickr
Your Ad Here

Sunday, January 27, 2008


Went to GSC at Times Square yesterday to see 'Sweeney Todd', the new Tim Burton / Johnny Depp movie.

While I enjoyed it, and even though I did know it was a musical, I wasn't prepared for how much of a musical it was. Honestly, I think about 90% of the dialog is sung!

The only other thing that detracted from this for me was the fact that the do-gooder Malaysian powers that be find it necessary to edit the film to remove the more unsavoury elements.

Normally this wouldn't be so noticeable, but Sweeney is singing as he's slicing throats, and there are second long chunks of the songs just cut out.

I found that more disturbing that any throat cutting :).

The directing is really good, and the sets are your typical Burtonesque dank London town, perhaps a bit less gothic than much of his other work.


Don't see it if you hate musicals, I'll give it 7.5 /10.

No comments:

Odd Search