home flickr
Your Ad Here

Saturday, February 03, 2007


A trip to Genting Highlands

P1010795



Today is Federation day in KL, which is one of many translations of "public holiday" into bahasa. My gf and I spent it at Genting Highlands, which is billed as the city of entertainment. Genting is 2km above sea level, so the entire place is engulfed in cloud and fog. I did some research beforehand regarding bus times and ticket counters and so forth, of course, in true KL style, this information was actually completely useless in practical KL terms.

One thing I found interesting was that at Pudu Raya bus terminal, there are people who will actively try to convince you of the benefits of the destination they are peddling tickets towards.

Now, personally, if I find myself in a bus terminal, I've already made up my mind where I am going... the likelyhood of someone changing my mind so I end up going to a different destination instead is very very low. Perhaps that's just me being a stubborn 'qwai lo' ? Maybe it would be really healthy to just turn up and see where I get off a bus? We'll see.

We went ten-pin bowling after lunch as my gf had not tried it before. She rewarded my suggestion by soundly kicking my ass. Beginners luck I say ;).

If it happens next time I will come up with another excuse.

P1010792


The bus trip up the mountain was pretty and green, and took place at a speed that buses do not negotiate mountain paths in Australia. I wasn't concerned, I know the laws of physics are different here. After about 45 mins on the bus we arrived at the Skycar station for our final ascent up to the Genting centre itself.

The view from the Skycar was beautiful, alternatively by what we both could and couldn't see... at times the forest below was a sea of green, a few minutes later this all being replaced by a surrounding of cloud that obscured everything... even the Skycar capsule in front of us.

P1010801

P1010802

PLC

P1010806



1 comment:

Julee said...

your girl is very pretty! How was the rides over there in genting? Gotta love the weather.

Blogger's acting like an @$$, took me so long to post a comment. tsk.. or maybe it's streamyx! :(

Odd Search