home flickr
Your Ad Here

Monday, September 25, 2006

20092006(004)-1



Hi there. Selamat Tengah Hari! Good afternoon, welcome to Malaysia.Currently I'm sitting in an internet cafe (costing 4RM an hour [about $1.50]) just off Bukit Bintang.

This photo is from a few days ago, when my Malaysian workmates and I went out for lunch. There is no one picture that sums up life here though... there are just too many cultures and variety.

Everyone has the latest mobile phones, and there are shopping centres, like Low Yat, which are almost entirely dedicated to electronics.

These people certainly like their food though, and why not, it's amazing over here. I'm not sure how I'm going to cope when I get back to the relatively bland food in Australia.
I'm sure somehow I will find a way. ;)

Visiting places like this certainly open up your palette though. I've tried most things, haven't tried to frog yet though. I hear it tastes like chicken.

Anyway, having an amazing time. Today I'm just about to get something to eat, then hoping to visit the Batu caves, which are about 14km north of Kuala Lumpur.

I bought that amazing camera (Panasonic Lumix dmc fz-50) I was hoping to get, so expect many more (and higher rez!) photos on my flickr site.



P1000093-1

One thing that I've really noticed here is the surprising blend of old, new and jungle. The above picture is of a dilapidated building which is on my walk to work. The jungle is clearly in the background, yet all around it are highrise office buildings.

The weather is warm, but not unbearable, I have yet to have a day that is like one of those searing hot days in Australia, where the sun just belts down on you. It's the humidity here, but after a few days, you do kinda get used to it.

petronas tower from my apartment

Of course, I have to include a photo of the famous Petronas towers, as seen from my apartment building.

Alrighty, times up, off to lunch.
...more soon.

No comments:

Odd Search