home flickr
Your Ad Here

Saturday, September 02, 2006



Aah Saturday: sun & shopping & new Blogger & KL




Today was the first truly nice warm day we've had. Coincidence or not, it's also the second day of spring in my hemisphere of current residence.

Today I was able to migrate to the new beta of Blogger. Yay. Labels and other web 2.0 goodies.
Brian and I went to the Macquarie Centre for lunch etc. I'm going to have to find another fav dish other than Roast Duck Laksa, but for the time being, it is soo good. I bought the Lonely Planet guide to Malaysia Singapore & Brunei, some new, black Converse Chuck Taylors (size 9, thanks for asking), some new sunglasses and some glass water bottles (I'm a bit worried about reusing the same old plastic water bottles for literally years on end).

The sunglasses i bought are "fish" brand, each model has a fish species for a name (last ones were "large tupong", these are "red fin"). When I went to the counter to buy them, the lady who served me said that she had to get me a case and a tackle box. I thought she was just being funny harhar... fish... tackle box, yeh very good, but when she actually came back with a tacklebox, I realised that I'd made some sort of mistake somewhere along the line. Apparently it was a fathers day promotion. So now I have a new tackle box, which, as almost any australian man who is worth his salt (what does that mean? salt is cheap right?) knows, one can never have too many tackle boxes.

Did I mention that my passport arrived last Monday? Lightning fast turnaround for a beauracratic government dept (7 business days from 'interview' to delivery ~ brilliant!)

I'd love to get a new camera before going on this trip, my fav at the moment is the panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50, which looks awesome, but has only just been released. Lookey here:


In unrelated news: todays new word is : ungratulations; the new opposite of congratulations.

In other, unrelated news: currently listening to the new(ish) Fiona Apple album - Extraordinary Machine. It's wonderfully, quirkily great.

Anyways, I'm off to the pub, later!

No comments:

Odd Search