home flickr
Your Ad Here

Sunday, July 30, 2006


Moving house, coffee shops, GTD
Another weekend wrap-up...


Finally we had a weekend where both days have been beautiful, sunny days... It's been a pretty dismal winter in Sydney so far this year. Yeh yeh, I know... Sydney gets it better than many places, true, but when you spend all the working week inside, glued to a monitor, you really appreciate the opportunity to get a little sun. Well, at least I do, some ppl I know aren't as solar powered as I am (how can you spend a day like today in front of your computer un-named housemate?!?)


Saturday morning I got up early and went for a walk for about an hour or so, I wanted to get some photos of this strange block of flats up near North Rocks road, they always seem to be deserted, and have this ominous, russian cell-block feel to them. I'll add some pics to this post 2moro, since installing usb 2.0 drivers on my computer my phone won't connect to it for some reason. I have to transfer them at work. Stay tuned.

update: here are the pics:


29072006(006)1

29072006(013)1

29072006(009)

29072006(011)1


Mick and I went over to the Macquarie Centre for our regular Saturday lunch and browse... helped myself to a delish vanilla cafe latte from Starbucks and took advantage of the cheap newspaper offer (50c for the Sydney Morning Herald, normally $2.20 ~ bargain! haha) and sat there and read the paper while sipping our coffees. Please note, this is about as la-de-da as we get.


I've spent a couple of hours this weekend moving my meagre belongings to my new abode, about a kilometer down the road. All going well, I'll be in there fully sometime next weekend. Its going to be a bit of a squeeze, but I've managed to get rid of heaps of stuff that I've just collected for the hell of it. I've even gone to the length of moving my entire cd collection out of those plastic boxes and into cd books. I've also had at least one surprise discovery, my threadless 'we are made of Carbon' shirt, which I had believed that I'd lost in Perth last September or October. Found! Lost in the minor quagmire that is my bedroom. Sweet. I'm Wearing it to work 2moro to celebrate. It was the first threadless shirt I bought (and a first edition at that! Mein Gott! I am a t-shirt wanker), and I've worn it a grand total of twice.



Oh, yes, while I'm going on about t-shirts, two new Threadless shirts to add to my collection:






Can't wait to move, I'll be paying about the same rent (about $100 a week, which is probably the least you're likely to pay in Sydney, and this is including internet access) and be within 5 minutes walk of both Epping Stn and the supermarket. We're currently a bit out in the sticks (translation: away from civilisation) as far as epping goes... (anyone in the city will laugh heartily and yell at their computer 'but epping IS the sticks' and slap their foreheads, i'm sure). To be able to walk to the supermarket, cafe, pub etc, is going to be sweeeeet.


Watched the new Adam Sandler movie "Click" last night.... really enjoyed it. A substantially deeper, more moving story than i expected. It has the typical Adam Sandler quips, but also has some real tear jerker moments as well. And Kate Beckinsale.... lets not forget, one of the most gorgeous women alive today. ~(:^D)

On my ears this weekend I have been hanging the delightful tunes of Lily Allen, Wolfmother, Tom Waits and The Tea Party. I know, I know, it's a pretty odd playlist, but it works for me, eh.


I took another carload of my belongings over to the new flat this afternoon, I think I've got about a 3rd of my stuff over there already.


Have you heard of GTD? It's a time management technique that actually appears to be fairly easy to implement and follow. I've been reading about it for a while on sites like 43folders & lifehacker, time to give it a try methinx. I've just setup my gmail to automatically label emails with certain things based on the subject contents of things like Events, Groceries, homeRef, HomeToDo, Projects, Require Reply, ToBuy, ToDo, UrgentToDo, WorkRef & WorkToDo. I've set it up also to do things like automatically email my work email address for WorkToDo stuff... Cool eh? I know it's probably not strictly GTD, but it's a work in progress.
...Lets see how it goes.




Anyways...

...must dasherooni, places to go (kitchen), things to do (cook dinner)

till next time,
keep wokkin'.

1 comment:

Dataceptionist said...

1. Where are these North Rocks rd flats? I need more information. I grew up off that road so want to check it out.

2. Woo the weather!

3. I did wonder if that Tshirt was new.

4. I am SO NOT looking forward to moving when Mark and I buy our unit. I look around my kitchen/lounge/anywhere I have stuff and get so dejected feeling. The very idea make me weary. I still have things in boxes from moving 16 months ago. I'll probably chuck heaps out....

5.which street are you in in Epping now? Sounds cool!

6.I'm so over Adam sandler.

7. what is this GTD-nerd?

Odd Search