home flickr
Your Ad Here

Saturday, December 03, 2005

The 2nd day of summer

beach scene

Mick and I went to the beach today up near Mona Vale. It was pretty windy but just beautiful to sit there in the sun and watch the surfers. They're like a flock of strange animals, calling to each other, ebbing and flowing and forming small pods (what's the collective noun for surfers?). I found it easy to imagine them as a species of aquatic primate.

My girlfriend Lisa and I broke up a couple of months ago, and I'm only just now feeling like I'm getting back on my feet a little. It'd be fair to say that it's been a fairly miserable time up until now, but I'm naturally a positive person and I'm thinking that these things happen, the best thing to do is to learn from it and just be happy within yourself. It's always hard being single and around Xmas, especially since my family lives so far away. Oh well. If that's the worst thing I have to complain about, I think I'm doing pretty well overall. ;)

Work is going well... I've been teaching myself some basic Ajax stuff using Ajax.net. Very fashionable I know... but it certainly has its value.

Not much else to report I'm afraid...

No comments:

Odd Search