home flickr
Your Ad Here

Monday, December 13, 2004

Great news!
I've scored a job as an application developer for our company. I start in late January. Can't wait. So long tech support (after 5 years) I'm finally on the path I've been oh so gradually building towards over the last few years. Eggshellent. I've got a lot of catch-up learning to do in the next few months, but I predict it's going to be worth it.

In other news, Friday night we had our office xmas paty which was held at 'le montage' in Leichart. A nice night, even with the overly raucous femal comedian, always nice to have a few with ones work colleagues.

I'm just doing some of my management course and I've found this great Native American quote:
"To truly understand another, we must walk a mile in their moccasins. And before we can walk in another's moccasins, we must first take off our own."

...and while i'm a quotin' :

"The colossal misunderstanding of our time is the assumption that insight will work with people who are unmotivated to change. Communication does not depend on syntax, or eloquence, or rhetoric, or articulation but on the emotional context in which the message is being heard. People can only hear you when they are moving toward you, and they are not likely to when your words are pursuing them. Even the choices words lose their power when they are used to overpower. Attitudes are the real figures of speech." -- Edwin H Friedman, Friedman's Fables



...Good night.

No comments:

Odd Search