home flickr
Your Ad Here

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Aaah.. there's something about Thursday mornings isn't there... you can almost smell the weekend.

Started work at 7:30am this week, started at 7am for the previous 2 mornings due to being an hour late Monday morning because my battery in my car died. $144 later and I'm back on the road.

Got up at 6am this morning... first coffee at 6:10am, iron my shirt and pants (had my shower and made todays lunch the night before) got dressed, get to work about 7:15, have another coffee and 3 weetbix.

The calls don't really start until 8am anyway, so it's generally a fairly chilled start to the day.

I did some more work last night on my latest painting.... I'll post a picture here when it's finished.

ALso check out Air Freshener, an awesome ambient sounds program for yur PC: http://peterhirschberg.com/dl/aire20setup.exe (thanks Dave). I've installed it on my work PC, we're having rainforest sounds and thunderstorms and crackling fireplaces and ocean surf on call.

Mick and I played squash last night... some awesome rallys were had. I won overall, but gee, there were some great gameplay.
We were a bit late to get there as I was picking him up. Apparently a tree fell across the railway tracks at Normanhurst and there was so much traffic on the roads.. it took 45mins to get from Epping to the squash centre in North Ryde, normally a 10 ~ 15 minute tops. The traffic still hadn't cleared up (was actually worse) by the time we left at 6:30 so we went and had dinner at the chicken shop on Cox's Road.. aah our old haunts! The traffic had improved substantially by the time we left to go home at 7:30. It was either eat out or site in the car for that time, so the decision was not that hard.

no cigs yesterday, woohoo.... had about 3 coffees, 5 green teas, 2 camomile teas. A couple of litres of water. Health-kick!

Spoke to Matty on trillian too, he's moving to Sydney from Avoca next week.
Coined the phrase 'metronomad' : one of the fashionable set who do not live at a fixed address but rather wanders from lounge-room to lounge-room of their friends.


Lunch today: Panang curry tuna with peas on white rice: pretty boring but delish.

Oh yeh, Lisa just called, she wants to go to the falls festival for new years. Sounds pretty darn kool methinks.

Take it easy. more soon.

No comments:

Odd Search