home flickr
Your Ad Here

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Durian, Possums & mediacentres in Sydney

Hey all you Malaysians..
.. look: I told you we could buy durian in Australian supermarkets :)

imag0167.jpg
(not that we do buy them)


All is going well here, we're all setup in our little place, Pei Lin is settling in nicely and starts work 2moro, so that's all very exciting.

Also the other night there was a brushtailed possum on the fence outside our balcony:

p1070507.jpg

p1070506.jpg
Cute little fella isn't (s)he?

I have been nerding it up a bit too.. almost used all my monthly peak time download allowance already, and it's only been 5 days. We've also got our voip all set up, so Peilin can call home whenever she wants without me tapping my foot and tapping my watch at her :).

I've downloaded Mythbuntu, but sadly it doesn't support my video card on my old pc straight out of the box, and I don't have another screen to plug in so can't see what I'm doing. I already had xp on the machine, so I've downloaded Mediaportal instead, it's a free mediacentre that runs on top of windows.





It's designed to be plugged into your tv from there you can access all your media. I'm very impressed at the moment.

last Sunday Nishan and Louna took us out for a nice chinese lunch in Eastwood, and Tuesday night we went to our local with Nick & Hanna & Mark & Serena & Lenny & Justin, a couple of Nick's mates and had the $13 cook-it-yourself steaks there, that was delicious. A good night.

Not much else is news I think.. Oh, I've got a bit of a cold at the moment.. I hope I can shake it before work 2moro. Sniffle Snort. Sniffle Snort.



No comments:

Odd Search