home flickr
Your Ad Here

Thursday, September 06, 2007


The long-outstanding Thailand post

P1040125

On the 18th August, my lovely girlfriend Pei Lin and I, and our friends Chris and Ronnie went on a week long jaunt around the tropical (and shopping) paradise known as Thailand.

P1040029

We stayed in Bangkok (thanks Trang Hotel!) for 3 nights, then flew to Phuket (staying at the lovely Deevana Patong) for a further 5 nights of relaxation, massage, cocktails & sunburn.

P1040235

We were meant to stay in Bangkok for four nights, but I stuffed up the flight booking, but anyway.

Thailand is gorgeous. We rode elephants, visited ancient cities and temples and of course shopped extensively. For me, the floating markets was a real highlight.

P1030989

Bangkok is crazy enough to be exciting, but relaxed and friendly enough to be thoroughly enjoyable. On the first day in Phuket Chris and I proved our already obvious manliness by getting royally sunburnt. Sunburnt feet and ankles sucks. Don't do it.

Luckily there was enough aloe vera gel and Mai Tai's available to successfully stem any discomfort. Well.. ok.. some discomfort. For me. Chris got TOASTED ;).

P1030857

Phuket was so relaxing. Pei Lin can now swim, which is awesome. The food was so fresh, and not as oily as I find it can be here in KL. I think I could eat the seafood fried rice from there for years without getting bored.

I also had a squid curry which was probably close to being the hottest thing I've eaten. It was like magma, seriously. Well, not seriously, but it was really, really hot.



A lovely place to holiday. I can't wait to get back there soon.


P1030844

No comments:

Odd Search