home flickr
Your Ad Here

Sunday, July 15, 2007


Late night tigers and frogs

Well, I was looking forward to a quiet, cozy friday night, particularly after Micah and I went out for dinner Thursday night and got home around 2am after some delicious chili frog and probably a few too many tiger beers (not too mention some really ordinary pool playing). But alas, like all good plans, there were forces at hand that were focussed on upsetting my simple Friday night goal.

It all started coming unglued when I was, against my will, invited to the Havana bar for the characteristic 'beer or two'. I should have seen it coming, but I was helpless, out of my depth, a rabbit in the headlights. I don't know who's idea it was to buy sambuca shots, but I will find them, somehow.

Anyways, the plans were set, we were going to karaoke. So we picked our way up Jalan Bukit Bintang, towards Ktv.
This rabbit in the headlights found himself in a rabbit warren of dimly lit karaoke booth, each equipped with a wild assortment of some of the worst music ever created, performed by someone who in good likelyhood does not even know the song they were re-recording for our group sonic butchering. I'm happy to report that we did not shy away from such a challenge.

We wailed, we crooned, we stood and postured on the table and on the chairs. We drank vodka and coke and attempted at times to sing tunes we had never heard before, and the end result should never be heard again. The lyrics prompt that was meant to be our lifeline seemed to have a mind of it's own, at times hesitating as if not sure if it really ought to go on, and then racing across the screen to catch up to where it was meant to be.

Shocking, but shockingly fun. I don't even want to think what time we got home.

No comments:

Odd Search