home flickr
Your Ad Here

Friday, April 09, 2004

.: eight :....one Easter, hold the frenzy please


hello. It's Easter Friday and I've nudged my way into working again, which is cool as I had things to do in here and I knew full well that there would be very few call (there have been none and I have 20mins to go).


"Easter is named after the pagan goddess Eostre (Latin: Oestre), an Anglo-Saxon maiden-goddess of fertility. The "Oestre" name in Latin apparently derives from the Greek, and has it's roots in a word that means "frenzy." We see this word again in English in "estrus," meaning a female mammal 'in heat' and able to conceive, and there we see the meaning behind the "frenzy" definition."

No smoking

Today is day 4 with no nicotine. I feel good, I feel like I'm on the way up. Day two I spend feeling pretty depressed about nothing in particular (I found this also happened on day two of the last time I gave up smoking, about 18months ago), and as I mentioned previously, I have been dreaming vividly. Last night I dreamt that one of my friends had died on an ice-skating rink of some sort of heart defect. My dreams are not so much the actual events, but the repercussions, the conversations, having to tell people that he had died.

Where does this stuff come from, and more importantly, can it be sent back. As much as a dream like that can really ruin the next day, I'm really glad to be dreaming.


.... a couple of new blogs today that I'd like to share with you :



enjoy.... see you soonly.

I'm going home to write some strange music.

au reviour!

Odd Search